- Homophobic Person: My favorite food is pizza!
- Homosexual Person: Cool! My favorite food is pasta!
- Bisexual Person: I like both!
- Pansexual Person: Hey guys, I don't have a favorite! I'll pretty much eat what tastes good to me.
- Asexual Person: I like the way food looks and smells more than the way it tastes.
- Homophobic Person: whAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU DISGUSTING PEOPLE WHY ISN'T PIZZA YOUR FAVORITE FOOD?!?! YOU'RE GOING TO HELL.
- Woman: I'm smart
- Patriarchy: Well you're probably ugly then
- Woman: I'm creative
- Patriarchy: You mean unattractive right?
- Woman: I have all these incredible accomplishments
- Patriarchy: Yeah but look how ugly you looked doing them
- Woman: I have value
- Patriarchy: Not if you're ugly lol
- Woman: I'm conventionally-attractive & posted selfies on my blog
- Patriarchy: I'm so sick of these empty-headed chicks only caring about their looks. Just because you are attractive and get attention from men doesn't mean you are special or deserve respect. Why don't you read a book or do something productive with your life you dumb slut
Quoted from Sarah Kendzior’s “Surviving the Post-Employment Economy"
“In the United States, nine percent of computer science majors are unemployed, and 14.7 percent of those who hold degrees in information systems have no job. Graduates with degrees in STEM - science, technology, engineering and medicine - are facing record joblessness, with unemployment at more than twice pre-recession levels. The job market for law degree holders continues to erode, with only 55 percent of 2011 law graduates in full-time jobs. Even in the military, that behemoth of the national budget, positions are being eliminated or becoming contingent due to the sequester.
It is not skills or majors that are being devalued. It is people.”
Her work is frank, speaking of a reality I hope that will never be mine. At the same time, it gives me a strange comfort to know that I am not alone.
— I love you but I can’t be with you (via extrasad)